With iOS 14.5 released as of yesterday and App Tracking Transparency (ATT) impacting digital marketing in terms of targeting and measurement of campaigns, there’s a new world of how to adapt to this in order to continue deliver strong results, especially when it comes to Facebook Ads.
There’s several things that you should consider working on implementing, namely:
- Aggravated Event Measurement
- Facebook Conversion API (S2S)
- Advanced Manual Matching
- Customer Data Infrastructure (CDI/CDP)
- Look over your current implementation of Mobile Measurement Partner such as Adjust or Appsflyer, if applicable
Moving forward during 2021 more things will happen, such as Google taking actions as well, there you will have to work with solutions such as Turtledove for remarketing and FloC (Federated Learning of Cohorts) when it comes to audiences.
How will you be impacted?
- You need to tie each part of your ad measurement to a domain.
- Data modeling will be impacted and you will see delays and most likely a decrease in your conversions.
- Several audiences and ways of working with audiences will cease to exist, reach and delivery of traffic will change and you need to work within a new landscape here – meaning there has to be a change of strategy and way of working for audiences.
- The lookback window was already adjusted to the new 7 days click and 1 day view (1 day on some campaigns only) awhile ago on Facebook Ads, but now the option to compare to the previous version of 28 days goes away.